Spend a rainy day making this big batch brownie mix
An easy way to have brownies whenever you like, without the fuss
Ingredients, makes five batches
For the big batch
625g white sugar
500g plain flour
200g chocolate chips
175g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pour the sugar, flour, chocolate chips and cocoa powder into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Transfer to a large jar or other airtight container. The brownie mixture will keep for up to six weeks.
3. To make one batch of brownies, preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan, and line a brownie tin (about 25 x 22cm) with parchment paper.
4. Take 300g of the brownie mixture and put it in a large bowl.
5. Melt 75g butter and add that to the mixture, along with the eggs and vanilla. Mix just enough to combine the ingredients and then transfer to the tin.
6. Bake for 15–17 minutes, then allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into nine brownies.
Recipe taken from We’re Hungry! by Ciara Attwell (Lagom)