How to manage: Diversity is key to a thriving workplace – here’s how to build it
A recent survey shows more than a third of boards had no members from diverse groups of society, but there are some simple steps companies can take to change old habits and improve this situation
Diversity in the workplace is a vital component to a successful organisation. A diverse workplace will thrive and grow, and staff will learn from each other. Diversity is not only important for a productive workplace, it feeds into a rich culture that can be developed from the ground up.
At Odgers Berndtson Ireland, the recruitment agency, we recently conducted research which found that more than a third of boards surveyed had no members from diverse...
Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!
With any subscription you will have access to
Unlimited multi-device access to our iPad, iPhone and Android Apps
Unlimited access to our eReader library
Exclusive daily insight and opinion seven days a week
Create alerts to never miss a subject that matters to you
Get access to exclusive offers for subscribers on gifts and experiences
Get content from Business Post, Business Post Magazines, Connected, Tatler and Food & Wine
This Working Life: Brands must adapt quickly to pandemic’s paradigm shift
The acceleration of the already rapid move towards digital technology has meant that companies must have updated customer experience strategies at the ready
How to manage: ‘Rather than thinking about the next job, focus on delivering value and opportunities will follow’
Be straightforward and clear in your approach with your team, as sharing knowledge and information will empower them to meet their goals
How I work: ‘Knowing that the HR function has a seat at the table shows me how serious a business is about its people strategy’
Companies that understand the importance of creating a good working environment, while engaging and empowering people, will benefit from a stronger employer brand and better performance
How to manage: Rethink of office management needed for blended and remote working
A new study by Allianz Partners Ireland reveals that 51% of workers want to work entirely from home, while the other 49% want a blend between office and home