The dos and don'ts of being a 'Sporting Taoiseach'
Every taoiseach must walk a tightrope when it comes to mixing sport and politics
By his own admission, Leo Varadkar was “a bit of a swot in school” and did not get involved in sport until his early 20s. But since then, there has been a well-documented pathway into triathlons, and he was exposed to lots of different sports by necessity when he was Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.