Abortion will provide McDonald's first SF test
The new leader's comments on disciplining those who vote against the party line could spell trouble for some of its TDs
New Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald’s confirmation that those who vote against the party line on abortion will be disciplined indicates that while the party is changing rapidly in some areas, it will be slower in others.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive