Feargal Quinn: Removing the hairshirt of corporation tax
We need to move from having a low corporation tax regime to having one that is fair to business and workers alike
In last month’s budget, the government spread its gruel too thinly. Something miserly for everyone. With an eye on the not-too distant election, it seems to have ignored the fact that you can’t please all of the people all of the time. Instead, their efforts would have been better directed at improving the lot of certain sectors of society.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.