Colin Murphy: Western Sahara, the forgotten conflict
Forty years ago this month, one of the great peaceful, popular decolonisation movements took place. Spain abandoned its colony in north-west Africa, Spanish Sahara, and 350,000 Moroccans, carrying the green flag of Islam, marched south into the desert to claim it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive