Is British economy weakening ahead of election?
Retail sales slump as price rises squeeze shoppers
The latest figures from Britain indicate that the campaign for June’s general election called by prime minister Theresa May earlier this week is taking place against the backdrop of a weakening economy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive