'Labour is on the floor and May wants to go in for the kill'
There is a cool and calculated rationale to May's decision to call a snap election, writes Hugh O'Connell
Theresa May’s surprise announcement of a snap general election caught an awful lot of people off guard this morning, but there is a cool and calculated rationale to it all.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive