To Try, Buy And Put By
François and Carine Crochet are the husband and wife who run and own the Crochet estate. The estate makes wine from vineyards that cut across all three types of soils in Sancerre, but the real influence here seems very much to be the human element. François studied oenology in Beaune, and that Côte D’Or influence shines through. This is a Sancerre for a Burgundy lover, with exquisite sauvignon blanc and a little oak influence as well. The result is stunning: a soft, lean, zesty Sancerre, without the teeth-jangling acidity. A delight.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.