Stephen Kinsella: US economic model not best for Irish workers
Ireland is a European country, but culturally and economically we are much closer to the US
Here’s where we are at the end of the first month of 2017. Theresa May is in London, trying to take Britain out of the European Union. Donald Trump is in Washington DC, trying to build walls and erect tariffs. Angela Merkel is in Berlin, veering to the right to stay in power. In France, Marine Le Pen, a hard-right candidate, is likely to clash with two other right-wing candidates to see who can be president of France.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.