Tough in the rough
While golf’s big-name stars burn brightly, others freeze in remote orbits on the satellite tours, writes Brian Keogh
Golf is a numbers game. But while superstars such as Rory McIlroy deal in tens of millions of euro at the top table, the dreamers pick over the morsels on the feeder tours with nothing to keep them going but debt, blind faith and the unquenchable hope that, one day, they can touch the clouds.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.