Speechless as EU rubs salt in Britain’s wound
The European Commission’s proceedings against London for minor tax rule ‘breaches’ are corrosive and punitive
Perhaps a big part of the reason English has become the default language for much international trade diplomacy and culture is the capacity of its speakers to borrow.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.