A real handful, a one-off and a hard act to follow
He invariably came with a high price tag, but Eamon Dunphy was usually worth it
He’s out of the game, baby. Eamon Dunphy, (not just a good pundit, a great pundit) has picked up his ball and left the pitch. Or so he says. Perhaps he will just do as he has promised and channel all his energy into his podcast The Stand. It’s hard to know. Consistency is not his strong point. Ask any of the numerous political parties he has joined and quit. Or the many media organisations he’s worked for, and then left in tears. Their tears!
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive