Not even Tiger Woods could make golf profitable for Nike
Nike exited the category a year ago amid Woods’s fading star power and the sport’s declining popularity
Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, was so enamored with a young Tiger Woods that the company began recruiting him three years before signing him to an endorsement deal at 20.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.