'Are Irish journalists just reflections of one another?'
Irish journalism is in danger of becoming increasingly homogenised, writes Colette Sexton
Over the past decade, journalism has changed irrevocably. The collapse in revenue models due to the advent of technology and new advertising channels has had a detrimental effect on traditional media. This, in turn, has had a major effect on who journalists are, where they come from and what they believe.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive