Central Bank right to stick to its guns
It’s a rough choice, but the state just can’t be sucked into another credit vortex
Patrick Honohan’s lasting legacy as governor of the Central Bank is undoubtedly the steadying hand he brought to the economy at a time of unprecedented turmoil. One of his last major policy acts as governor, though, is becoming equally important.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive