AIB sells €1 billion loan book to Cerberus
The portfolio includes 2,200 customers with 5,000 assets
AIB has offloaded a €1 billion portfolio of non-performing loans to a subsidiary of US vulture fund Cerberus, including hundreds of mortgages backed on family homes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.