The rich get richer when you rig the game
How Michael Noonan’s capital gains and corporation tax exemptions turned property investments into gold
Michael Noonan probably won’t be remembered as the man who created the rules that made many a man and woman rich, but today we’ll look at how the waiver on gains that was introduced in 2011 until 2014 stacks up against any other investment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive