We need to talk about council housing
It’s often seen as a sacred cow, but public housing - whisper it - ought to be reassessed soon
During a housing crisis, it is ever important to examine every aspect of housing. Very few analysts ever look at social housing from the perspective of how we use it currently - and that is a mistake, because within Dublin, where the situation is worst, there are 45,000 homes owned by local authorities.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive