Cashback gimmicks that are the real deal
While some may seem too good to be true, the most recent cashback deal could bring you sound savings
With a clutch of new mortgage gimmicks coming out, this week we’ll contemplate how useful the most recent one may be. Currently, the mortgage market has low levels of competition because banks have been doing a fine job of keeping their direct channel strong while regulatory and legal forces do the rest of the heavy lifting. Regulatory forces are mainly those imposed by the Central Bank of Ireland. While ‘good regulation’ is a great idea, people often make the mistake of quantity equating to quality. But when quantity starts to encourage financial institutions to avoid locating here, it suggests that perhaps we aren’t getting it right.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive