Time to gather round the table, again
Many regard social partnership as an industrial disease. But with pay pressure growing, it could be the answer
It may not yet be our winter of discontent. But it is hard to see 2015 running its course without serious activity on the wages front. Erosion of living standards, more than any other single factor, is driving the street protests we saw in 2014 and the disaffection with the government parties.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive