Pope must speak to issue of child abuse cover-up
Pope Francis has been a slow learner when it comes to addressing the greatest scandal to engulf the Church
If the past is indeed a foreign country, then the Ireland of 2018 is almost unrecognisable from the country visited by Pope John Paul II in 1979. A country that had experienced little change between Parnell and Lemass – allowing for a conservative revolution – has, in the four decades since the Pope’s visit, endured constant, accelerating change.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.