McGill is just Official Ireland talking to itself
‘Official Ireland is predominantly male, over 50 and comprised of people who earn over €100,000. For the most part, it includes the speakers at this MacGill summer school and those that attend it.” Not surprisingly, there was an audible murmur of disapproval by the MacGill audience when I stood before them in 2012 and told them they were part of the problem. Nothing has changed since.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive