Why housebuilding figures aren’t reliable
Whatever metric you use, it is clear Ireland has major issues when it comes to measuring housing activity
Homelessness and housing are receiving a lot of attention at the moment. Serious doubts have emerged about government statistics and therefore, our capacity to hit the targets set by the Rebuilding Ireland programme. Do we really know how many homes we’re building?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive