Michael Murray: Bank restructuring has a long way to go
While AIB may have stolen a major march on Bank of Ireland in technology terms, Permanent TSB does not deserve to exist
It’s a nice little trick if you can get away with it. Let’s say you are a plc. You have a direct competitor in your core market with a broadly similar franchise. Your year-ends and your half year-ends are the same. So you are reporting them at close proximity to one another - in fact, within a day of each other this year (which has kept the banking analysts busy).
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.