Tycoon Ricci wrote to Noonan about state assets
Barclays boss offered his help with any sell-off, but meeting became a ‘saga’
Rich Ricci, the multimillionaire racehorse owner and former Barclays Bank supremo, wrote to Michael Noonan the day after the latter’s appointment as Minister for Finance in 2011, suggesting that his bank could help with the “potential sale of state assets”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.