Don doubles down with barn-storming rallies on campaign trail
Trump deepens his support base, but it still hasn’t widened despite enjoying one of the best weeks of his presidency
It’s been a good week for Trump, probably one of the best of his presidency. His Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanagh, was installed after a White House event that was part swearing-in ceremony, part political rally. And polls suggest that Trump’s strategy of fuelling a #MeToo backlash to boost the turnout of Republican voters in next month’s midterm elections is working.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive