Chateau intrigue: Inside the INM data saga
Questions around what exactly happened to the data of INM employees are continuing to mount up
The tale of Derek Mizak and Ireland’s biggest newspaper publisher, Independent News & Media (INM), begins in April 2013. Leslie Buckley, the then chairman of INM, contacted Mizak, a director of the information security and digital forensics firm DMZ IT, for assistance. Mizak is a skilled IT expert who has a PhD in cybersecurity and lectures students on the topic in the Dublin Business School.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive