To try, buy and put by
Sweetness and light are the core themes for all three wines this week, with the emphasis on showing how a low or very low alcohol rating need not spell the death of taste or complexity in a wine. The trade-off between alcohol strength in wine is often with sweetness. The less sugar converted to alcohol, the lower the alcohol level, but the sweeter the wine. So the ideal is a lighter sweet wine such as this Moscato, where the sweetness is clean and zesty, and the ABV a mere 4.5 per cent. Refreshing, bright and a fruity start for spring.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.