To try, buy and put by
While the sparkling wine category continues to flourish, one sparkling region is still being consistently overlooked and that is Alsace. I think the reason is that the word and region Alsace is still so connected with riesling that wine lovers may feel the wine could be very tart and green. In fact most Crémant d’Alscace are not made with riesling at all. This example is a blend of 50 per cent pinot blanc, and 25 per cent each of pinot noir and chardonnay. The luscious, almost buttery rush on the palate reflects the blend of this undervalued charmer.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.