To Try, Buy And Put By
In wine, one of the problems is the over-reliance on a successful single crop. On a restaurant menu’s ‘Chile’ section, for example, we need a Leyda pinot noir, Casablanca sauvignon blanc and a dab of carmenere or cabernet franc. The Argentine section, meanwhile, is box-ticked with a big, singular malbec, thus redoubling the single crop dilemma. And now Chile’s Montes wine growers have arrived in Argentina, diversifying already with this superb, buttery cool climate chardonnay. Superb and well worth trying.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.