To try, buy and put by
The Rufina region sits to the north-east of Florence and is quite unlike the rest of the Chianti region, being cooler and breezier. The Rufina vineyards produce a Chianti that is much more savoury and, in some ways, Bordeaux-like. The Selvapiana estate was once the cool and breezy summer residence of the bishops of Florence and its august wines were highly regarded. When Chianti was legally defined, Rufina was marginalised, but the current owners here have pioneered its restoration. The deep black-fruited note, dark cherry and touch of cedar with a polished finish, are exemplary and undervalued at this price.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.