Frances McDormand fits the bill as a furious heroine
Almost everyone is awful in Ebbing, Missouri, but McDormand's Mildred is the least awful of the lot
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Directed by Martin McDonagh, Nationwide, 15A, Rating: ****
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive