BMW glams up the i8 hybrid at the expense of practicality
There’s more show and more go for the updated BMW i8 hybrid range, writes Shane O’Donoghue
Four years after BMW launched its i8 hybrid sports coupe on an unsuspecting world, there’s still nothing like it on offer from rival car makers. Certainly nothing in the same ballpark for price, even if that price is high by any definition. By way of reminder, the i8 features a petrol engine behind a ‘2+2’ cabin that drives the rear wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission. Conventional enough-sounding, right, if distinctly sporty?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive