Infant deaths: Nothing secret about contempt for mothers and children
It’s the simplicity of the language that strikes you the most.
The record of Dáil debates reveals that there was both official and public awareness of the plight of children born to single mothers in Ireland, writes Elaine Byrne.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.