How will the US Federal Reserve deal with Trump’s excesses?
The Fed’s job is to keep inflation at a sustainable rate, but will Janet Yellen rain on the president’s parade?
Bill Martin was the chair of the US Federal Reserve for nearly 20 years, through the presidencies of Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John F Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive