What awaits the banks?
Last year was a turning point for the banks and a time of consolidation. The slow climb back to profitability has begun
After six long years of eye-popping losses, the domestic banking sector bounced back to profitability in 2014. The numbers may be modest compared to boom-times when they raked in millions by the day. But the trend for the banks left standing is that the days of red numbers are over.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive