Tom Lyons on Business
Tycoon Philip Green’s current troubles called to mind a brief encounter with him in 2005
This month 13 years ago, I met Philip Green and his wife Tina in Topshop’s new €5 million flagship fashion store on St Stephen’s Green. The billionaire introduced his wife briefly, before snapping: “So what do you want to know? You have two minutes.” This wasn’t a lot of time to get know anyone, let alone a character like Green.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive