Time to navigate the maze of fees eating into your capital
Uncovering the hidden costs that dilute returns for private investors is critical to maximising wealth
We live in an era of pretty high equity valuations. Double-digit capital growth – well-ahead of economic growth and inflation rates – has been common in recent years. Growth in investment portfolios ahead of inflation provides us all with a good feeling, a comfort, sometimes even cause for self-praise. A rising tide is a nice sea to be swimming in and, over the past decade, it is that rising equity market tide we have been swimming in for most of the time.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.