State braced for sharp drop in capital gains tax revenue
Tax experts have said that the state may lose out due to weaknesses in how a CGT exemption was structured
The government is facing the possibility that revenues from capital gains tax (CGT) on property sales will go off a cliff-edge next year, according to briefing documents.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive