Solving the pensions puzzle
Will the latest state intervention help clarify pensions through the ages?
Shakespeare maintained that there were seven ages of man, sweeping from cradle to grave. As in so many things, he may well have been right (even if he did exclude women from his reckoning), but a working life can be divided in many other ways. There are the two ages to a working career; the age in which one is indifferent about retirement and the age when retirement, and how to pay for it, becomes all consuming.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive