Nissan eyed up Cork move amid fears over effect of Brexit
Threat heaped pressure on the British government to offer manufacturer secret deal
The Japanese car giant Nissan was considering moving its manufacturing base from Britain to Cork over Brexit fears, The Sunday Business Post has learned.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.