Michael O’Flynn: We can solve the housing crisis. Here is what we need to do
Allowing more land to be developed would mean 25,000 units in the greater Dublin area and 2,500 in metropolitan Cork
Michael O’Flynn sits at a long boardroom table overlooking St Stephen’s Green. The veteran Cork developer has an array of notes in front of him. O’Flynn has built thousands of houses since he founded his company, O’Flynn Construction, in 1978. His personal story – battling through the crash, fighting the vulture funds and returning to large-scale development – has been well told.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive