‘Many in the trade have begun to ask: how long can this be sustained?’
Sales values in the Irish retail sector grew by 4.7 per cent in the first quarter of the year compared with the same period in 2018, bolstered by mild weather in late winter and early spring. This is according to the latest Retail Monitor published last week by Retail Ireland, the Ibec group representing the sector in Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.