Irish business lobby warns against public access to corporate tax data
EU proposals sound alarm bells over privacy issues and inward investment
A number of major accounting firms and the business lobby group Ibec urged the government not to allow public access to data that will for the first time reveal how much multinational companies pay in corporation tax, and where they pay it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive