Irish adults continue to spend much of their time watching TV, according to 2017 figures from TAM Ireland/Nielsen. It found that the average Irish adult watches TV for three hours and 13 minutes every day. Live TV accounts for 89 per cent of all viewing time. Some 11 per cent is time-shifted (for example, pre-recorded on Sky+ or Virgin Horizon). However, 60 per cent of Irish homes with televisions have a personal video recorder.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive