GAA's stand against gambling is significant
A series of high-profile GAA stars have gone public about their gambling addictions
Over €5 billion is gambled in Ireland annually - that is €10,000 every minute. While a “quick flutter” can seem like harmless fun, it is estimated that 1 per cent of gamblers have a gambling addiction, and the Institute of Public Health in Ireland has found that gambling addiction affects young people at two to three times the rate of adults.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive