‘Fyffes deal means small Irish firms will now have a big red circle around them’
Sumitomo could well be the harbinger of more deals of this type
Two years ago, Fyffes looked a little deflated. Its mega-billion euro merger with Chiquita had fallen apart and its share price was on the slide.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive