Dynasties 2018: How a newspaper empire foundered
At its peak, Thomas Crosbie Holdings was worth €400 million, but the recession put paid to all that, writes Colette Sexton
Under the watch of the Crosbie family, the Irish Examiner survived the Famine, World War I, the War of Independence, Civil War, the Great Depression of 1930, de Valera’s economic war and World War II.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive