Death and a certain tax headache
Lower thresholds mean the tax bill after a parent’s death is no longer only a problem for the very wealthy
As the Irish economic recovery continues, we are seeing property prices rise, pension funds recover losses and equity based investments increase in value. Good news on the one hand, but the increase in asset values have also raised the headache of inheritance tax for many people.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.